Full Time EFL Young Learner Teachers needed – Bien Hoa (Dong Nai)
Location: Bien Hoa
Apollo Junior is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated young learner teachers to join our Biên Hòa team with the possible Signing Incentives.
Apollo Junior offers a range of young learner classes, teaching 3 to 17 years old with the goal of creating a rewarding and high quality learning environment. We have 20 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam with training centres across the country.
Biên Hòa (Đồng Nai) is a city located around 35km to the north-east of Ho Chi Minh City. With all the bustle and activity of a growing and upcoming urban area, there are also natural landscapes to be explored outside of the city.
At Apollo you can expect:
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
- A wide range of resources and modern facilities
- A variety of courses and learners
- Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
- Opportunities for career development
- Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
- Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members.
- Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
- Administering and marking course tests
- Writing student reports
- Conducting placement testing
- Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-22 hours per week. Classes run from 5:00pm to 9:00pm Monday through Friday; 8:00am to 7:00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are given two consecutive days off.
- CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Full mastery of English across all 4 skills to CEFR C2/IELTS band 9
- Clean criminal record check (with validity within 6 months)
- Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
- 4 months’ validity on passport
Teachers with previous Young Learner experience will be prioritised.
- Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
- Overtime payment
- Work permit costs covered by Apollo
- Possible Signing Incentives
- Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 10 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
- Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apollo.ed.vn/teach
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English and scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.